Speaking about tennis elbow, this is the tendon’s inflammatory condition, called the extensor carpi radialis brevis, located around the elbow’s outer side section. These tendons support the movement of the elbow and allow you to bend your wrist backward in the palm’s opposite direction.
As per health experts, pain or swelling can happen due to micro-tearing of your forearm muscles or tendons. In the medical industry, it is called epicondylitis. However, this condition is treatable, and you can take the help of a professional tennis elbow therapist Florida for an effective treatment option.
The Causes Behind Tennis Elbow
As per the experts, the primary reason behind this is repetitive and overuse movement or more pressure on the forearm or tendon muscles for a long time. This condition is quite common among outdoor sports players such as squash, cricket, badminton, tennis, and more. However, this medical condition is not limited to them. Here are some of the other cases where tennis elbows may happen:
- Weak shoulders and wrist muscles.
- Improper backhand strokes.
- Frequent use of different tools like in the case of butcher, painter, plumber, or carpenter.
- Playing with a small tennis racket.
- Taking repetitive backhand tennis strokes and more
If you have been suffering from a tennis elbow condition for the last few months, then don’t neglect it and visit the best Frozen shoulder clinic in South Florida now to learn about your treatment options.
Some Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
If you have a tennis elbow, you will suffer from a burning sensation, ache, and pain in your elbow and forearm. Without proper tennis elbow treatment or medication, the pain can spread to the wrist, and it will increase gradually. In some cases, pain may also occur during the following cases:
- Lifting heavy objects.
- Weal grips while trying to hold objects.
- Stretching as well as bending your affected arm.
- Opening a box, turning a doorknob, and more.
Treatment Options for Tennis Elbow
- Rest- You need to take a sufficient amount of rest and don’t take part in activities that can worsen the condition.
- Apply for Ice Pack – Your doctor may suggest you use an ice pack to manage inflammation.
- Physical Therapy – Your doctor may advise you to get in touch with the best tennis elbow therapist in Florida. The therapist would then suggest a future course of your tennis elbow therapy to eliminate stress and pain. You will be advised to perform various stretching exercises. For an instant, gently move your affected wrist upwards and downwards for a few minutes. You may also be advised to use an elbow brace or strap to manage your pain.
- Medications – Your healthcare expert may suggest you take some OTC-over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications, such as naproxen or ibuprofen, that can lower the pain in the affected muscles or tendons.
Even though you can find different treatment options, only the best Frozen shoulder clinic South Florida can suggest an accurate treatment option based on your condition. So, what are you waiting for? Visit your nearest clinic now.