In this article post, we explain how do I transfer Outlook OLM to PST on Mac OS. You can do this by generating an IMAP account. For this, you have a Gmail account. You just need to go to www.gmail.com and then generate a new email account there. When the account is successfully created, then you can log in to your Gmail/Google Mail account. Then you have dual options in Gmail i.e. IMAP and POP. Users just need to enable an IMAP account. For that, follow the working steps listed below:
Round 1- Setup an IMAP Email Account by Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account then press the Gear icon on the right-hand side of your Gmail account.
- Then press the Settings option.
- On the Settings option, you need to hit on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tabs.
- Now check the IMAP Access status. If the status is deactivated then activate it.
When your IMAP email account is effectively generated, then you are required to set up your Mac Outlook with it. For that, follow these below-mentioned steps:
Round 2- Change IMAP Mail Account to Mac Outlook
- Open the Outlook for Mac app and press the Menu >> Tools >> Accounts.
- Now, hit on the Email and add the email ID details and then, press the Add Account.
- When the above procedure finishes, then check the IMAP mail account.
After this, you need to create a Gmail label, In order to perform synchronization b/w Outlook Mac and IMAP Server account. For that, follow these below-listed steps:
Round 3- Make a Label in Gmail
- Again go to your Google Mail account and click on the Gear icon. Then, tap on the Settings option.
- Now, on the Settings option, hit on the Labels and here, now tap on the Create New Label option and check Show in IMAP box is checked.
- Then, go to your Mac Outlook program and hit on the Send/Receive.
Now, will transfer mail and other mailbox items from OLM to the IMAP mailbox. For that, follow these given steps:
Step 4. Convert Emails from Mac OLM to IMAP Mailbox
- Run the Mac Outlook application and then right-press on the mailbox data that you need to transfer Outlook Mac to Windows Outlook.
- Then pick Move >> Copy to Folder.
- After that, give the name of your IMAP folder and click on the Copy button.
- Now, click the Send/Received or refresh the folder on Gmail to update the mailbox data. You are required to do this once the above process is finished.
- Finally, all of your copied email message data has been synced to the IMAP mailbox folder.
After completion of the above procedure, now you will need to move all the mailbox data items from the IMAP mailbox to Outlook for Windows. For this, you will need to set up the same IMAP mail account in Windows Outlook. Then drag your IMAP mailbox folder database to your Windows Outlook Inbox Folder.
Limitations of Free Manual Way
- The manual way is a time-consuming and very long procedure to export Mac OLM data to PST.
- Not correct for bulk data migration from Outlook for Mac (.olm) to PST.
- There are risks of data loss throughout the migration process.
How Do I Transfer Outlook OLM to PST on Mac OS? – Via Professional Solution
To make the migration from Mac OLM mailbox to Outlook PST format easy and effortlessly, then download CubexSoft Mac OLM to PST Converter. The software is programmed with the best advanced and unique features that is a matter of a few clicks to move .olm files to PST format on macOS. With the help of OLM to PST Mac Tool, you can migrate unlimited data files from Mac Outlook to PST, PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX, CSV, ICS, Thunderbird, Office 365, Gmail, Outlook.com, etc.
The application is easily operable on all Windows and Mac OS editions. The mac-based utility comes with an easy-to-understand GUI interface and doesn’t need any technical knowledge. While exporting Mac OLM emails to Outlook PST format for Mac, the program will confirm that the data remains safe & intact during the task, even with the metadata, it remains constant as it is.
In this article, we have explained the manual solutions and automated methods on how do I transfer Outlook OLM to PST on Mac OS. If the free manual solution would not work accordingly then you can go with the automatic software i.e. OLM Converter for Mac.
Read Also- How Do I Put Page Numbers on a PDF File