We’ll go over a few ways to backup your Gmail account to an external hard drive in this blog. The ideal option is to create a local backup to the local system.
Every industry uses Gmail as its primary email service provider. Its vast storage capacity and vibrant services make it a well-liked email programme. It includes all of the crucial emails, contacts, papers, and other sensitive information that you simply cannot lose. It’s crucial to make a backup of your Gmail account in order to avoid such exponential loss. Additionally, it has a 15 GB free space restriction; if it exceeds this limit, errors and data loss may result.
Method 1: Using Google Takeout, create a backup of your Gmail account.
- Select the Data and customization option under My Account after logging into your Gmail account.
- Select Download your data from the menus as you scroll.
- When a pop-up appears, deselect the choice. Include each message that was sent. The folders for which you want to create archives should be selected.
- Select “Next” and choose the delivery mode based on your needs.
- Either choose the.zip or.tgz file type. Choose.zip since it can be opened on all computers.
- Simply select Create export.
You will receive the download link after the archive has been produced.
Select Save your files to the external drive after downloading them. A new archive is made.
Method 2. Save emails from Gmail as PDF files on hard drive
- Enter your Gmail login information.
- Open the specific Gmail message that you want to preserve.
- From the top-right corner, choose the Print All button.
- Click Print after making the necessary adjustments to the parameters.
- Select PDF from the Save As Type drop-down menu, then click the Save button.
- Copy and paste the mail to an external storage device after it has been saved.
In this way, you can easily download all emails from Gmail in PDF File Format.
Method 3: Backup Gmail to local system using Outlook
When Gmail is configured in the MS Outlook programme, the content can be saved in a PST data file.
- Select Info and Add Account beneath the File tab in your Outlook account.
- Enter your name, Gmail login information, and Gmail address into the Auto Account Setup box and Choose Next.
- Select the Sync email option under the Gmail account.
- To finish, press the click.
Your Outlook inbox will sync with your Gmail account, and the Gmail emails will be shown below it.
- Choose the Open and Export option from the File tab.
- Make a file export selection, then click Next.
- Choose “Export to file”
- Click Next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Check the box next to Include subfolders and then choose your Gmail account and choose Next.
- Click Finish after selecting the PST file location.
- After that, the PST file can be moved to any external storage device.
If the amount of data is little and storage capacity is not an issue, the solutions indicated above work well. It is uncertain whether or not the full account will be backed up. Additionally, it takes time, and not all emails can be archived in the process of Gmail to PST export .
Professional Solution to Backup Gmail to Local System
Professional tools are a fantastic method to solve this issue and aid with the solution. Advik Gmail Backup Tool is an example of a third-party tool. With the help of this fantastic programme, you can create a backup of all your Gmail data and store it in formats like Outlook PST, PDF, HTML, EML, and MSG.
A convenient tool for backing up Gmail emails to the computer is Advik Gmail Backup Tool. Each folder, such as Inbox, Drafts, Important, and Spam, is shown independently by the tool. The folders can then be filtered based on your backup needs. You may view a detailed report from the programme and see the status of each folder’s backups.
To Read More Such Articles: Click Here