The Apple ID is the place where all the information on our devices is stored, an account necessary for an iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch to work. If you have changed your Apple device for one of another brand and you no longer need the Apple ID, you have two options, deactivate your Apple account or permanently delete it.
The iPhone is one of the most popular and successful products ever made. It’s instantly recognizable, it has a huge user base of approximately 42 million people, and it even comes with a free Apple Watch. For those of you in the tech industry, this means that Apple has garnered a lot of profit from the iPhone. All you have to do is log in to your Apple ID at least once a week and pay your bill.
There are two different steps, the first option is intended to deactivate your account from a device before erasing it and selling or transferring it to another person, but you will keep all your account information for the future. If you choose to delete your Apple ID, you will delete your account and all information associated with it.
How to delete an Apple account
Deleting our Apple account is a definitive step that will completely eliminate our data. Apple allows us to delete our account at any time and will verify the entire process to avoid false or erroneous requests, so you must confirm this process, which can take up to 7 days.
- Go to Apple’s privacy website and sign in with the ID you want to delete.
- You will access a panel with several options; at the bottom is Delete account.
- Click on “Request to delete your account”.
- Apple will walk you through the process and tell you everything that goes into deleting an ID.
- At the bottom of the dropdown, choose the reason why you want to delete your Apple account.
- Tap Continue and confirm your decision.
The process for deleting will have already started. Apple will give us a code with which we can cancel the removal at any time simply by contacting its technical support, we have a period of about 7 days.
How to deactivate an/a Apple ID on iPhone or iPad
This is the process to deactivate the Apple ID of an iPhone or iPad:
- Go into the iPhone or iPad Settings.
- At the top, tap on your name.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Tap on Deactivate.
How to deactivate an Apple ID from Apple Watch
In the Apple Watch the process is simpler; you just have to unlink it from the iPhone. You should keep Apple Watch close to iPhone at all times while unpairing the two devices.
- On your iPhone open the Watch app.
- Tap All Clocks in the top left corner.
- Tap the information button to the right of Apple Watch.
- Select Unpair Apple Watch.
- Confirm that you want to unpair your Apple Watch, and enter your Apple ID password if necessary.
How to deactivate an Apple ID on Mac
From the Mac, the process is similar to what we find on the iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Go into System Preferences, you can do it from the menu.
- At the top right, tap Apple ID.
- Click on Overview.
- Tap Sign out and confirm the process.