Many businesses around the world are beneficiaries of the services provided by QuickBooks. The software is crucial for organizations to have employees as the payroll becomes feasible and well managed. The chances of flaws in the payroll data are reduced after employing QuickBooks. The payroll service should be updated to keep up with the new tax charts and e-forms. QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 prohibits users from updating due to issues in the Windows or some QB program files. If you are also unable to update your payroll due to this error, continue reading this blog to explore the causes and methods to rectify it.
Resolve this error quickly with the assistance of a certified technical support team available at 1.855.738.2784.
About the error
It is an update error that interrupts the payroll update process on your PC. The payroll update won’t finish, and you’ll see the error codes on your screen in return for your attempts to update. This generally happens due to a corrupted OS or damaged Windows files interrupting the payroll. It is also possible that Intuit servers reject your payroll update request considering you an unauthorized user because of your inactive payroll subscription.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 6094
The triggers for this error in QuickBooks are given below-
- You try to renew the payroll service isn’t validated yet.
- The paysub.ini file has been damaged or corrupted due to a malware attack.
- You use an outdated version of Windows on your PC.
The methods to fix this update error in QuickBooks are listed underneath-
Solution 1- Rename the paysub.ini file
The paysub.ini file has your payroll subscription info and all related data. QuickBooks verifies your subscription through this file. If the file incurs damage, the software will fail to extract the data of your payroll subscription, and the servers may considere you as an unauthorized user. This can lead to errors in the software while updating the payroll. rename the file by Following the steps given below –
- Navigate to File Explorer and select View option.
- Mark the check box for Hidden items.
- Search for the Paysub.ini file using the search panel.
- Go to the folder containing the paysub.ini file, right-click on the file, and select Rename.
- Add an alphabet to the file name and save the file.
- You can also delete the file from your computer.
- Rename or delete all the paysub.ini files in the folder and retry updating payroll.
In case the error interrupts the update process, Try the next solution.
Solution 2- Update your Windows OS
An outdated Windows version is the root of many errors in QuickBooks. To prevent compatibility issues with the OS, follow the steps to update it-
- GOpen Windows Update settings from the search panel.
- Click on Check for updates and wait.
- Click on Download and install to update your Windows and retry updating the payroll after the system reboots.
The payroll will successfully update after using these methods.
This was all about QuickBooks Error 30159 during the payroll update. You read about its causes and the appropriate solutions to it. We hope using the methods mentioned in the blog will fix the error.
For any remaining doubts, consult a QB professional available for your help at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended read also: QuickBooks error ps107