A number of errors can cause tremendous inconvenience toQuickBooks users while they try to access or restore the company file. One of those errors is the QuickBooks Error 6144 82 that primarily gets provoked due to inappropriate network setup in the QB Desktop.
In addition, this frustrating error can arise due to simultaneous attempts by many users to access the company file on the QuickBooks Desktop.
You can find theroot causes of this error along with the complete resolutions in this blog.
If you want to get the perfect assistance for the QuickBooks Error 6144 82, you should immediately dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
What Are the Fundamental Reasons behind the Company File Error 6144 82 in QuickBooks?
The Company File Error 6144 82 in QuickBooks arises due to the reasons listed below:
- This company file error most commonly occurs due to the wrong network setup and corruption in the folder holding the company file.
- Some other factors behind this error are the corruption in the company file, too long company file name, and connectivity problems.
Unique Resolutions to Quickly Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6144 82
The QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6144 82 can be very effectively rectified by implementing the following resolutions:
Recommended to read: proadvisor
Resolution 1: Simply eradicate this company file error by designating a new name on the .ND and .TLG files
- To quickly and correctly utilize this resolution, you should launch the folder that currently holds your company file and then immediately right-click on those files that have .ND and .TLG as the file extensions.
- The next essential step is to strike the ‘Rename’ option and then promptly add ‘.oldfilecomp’ towards the end of both files’ name as follows: ‘companyfile.qbw.nd.oldfilecomp’ and ‘companyfile.tlg.oldfilecomp’.
- In this last step, you should hit the ‘Enter’ key to save the new names of both these files and then proceed to open your company file on your system.
Resolution 2: Effortlessly abolish this intricate error by executing the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool to recover all the data
- The first step in using this resolution is to create a new folder titled ‘QBBrandFolder’ on the Windows Desktop and then immediately head towards the company file folder to copy the .TLG file.
- Afterwards, you should navigate back to your Windows Desktop and then quickly paste the .TLG file into the ‘QBBrandFolder’.
- At this point, you must move towards the ‘QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery’ folder, which is situated at the same place as that of your company file, and then proceed to copy the ‘.QBW.adr’ file.
- Now, you should again head towards the ‘QBBrandFolder’ and then paste the ‘.QBW.adr’ file inside it and thereafter right-click on it.
- Thereafter, you must choose the ‘Rename’ option and make sure to delete the ‘.adr’ from the end of the file’s name, and then launch the QB Desktop.
- In this last step, you should open the company file located in your ‘QBBrandFolder’ and then execute the ‘Verify Data’ tool to ensure its integrity. Once it is confirmed that the company file is free from any damage, you can shift it to its original location from the ‘QBBrandFolder’.
By implementing the well-tested methods described above, you can easily get rid of the QuickBooks Error 6144 82. For further assistance regarding this error or any other related issue, feel free to dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Support Team.
This blog post on: postingpall.com