QuickBooks is one of the best accounting applications and is used by millions of users. It is full of advanced features that make accounting easy. But, there are some technical glitches that annoy QuickBooks user. QuickBooks error 6190 is among those common issues that users face while opening the company file. The error comes up on the screen, and a notification, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. Error codes: (-6190, -816).” The blunder emerges on the screen when the company file user attempting to open is already open on another workstation. If you are also dealing with QuickBooks error code 6190, read the complete blog and learn about the troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
If you require immediate troubleshooting assistance for QuickBooks error 6190, give a call at our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and communicate with the QuickBooks support team
Why does QuickBooks enterprise error 6190 appear?
Here are a few possible reasons behind the occurrence of this company file error:
- The company files QuickBooks user is trying to open is damaged or already open in single-user mode.
- Hosting settings are not correct on the main server computer.
You may read also : Quickbooks update error 1625
Tested Methods to Rectify QuickBooks company file error 6190
Method 1. Recreate the damaged QuickBooks configuration files by changing their names
- Close company files, then QuickBooks, and locate the QuickBooks folder.
- Open the folder and look for the company files with .TLG and .ND extensions.
- Right-click the .ND and .TLG file one by one and choose the Rename option.
- Type the word .OLD after the extension to change the names and tap the Enter key to save them.
- After renaming, open QuickBooks Desktop and sign in to the company file.
- Once done, open QuickBooks and try to sign in to the company file.
Method 2. Get QB Tool Hub and run Quick Fix my Program
Before you run the tool, follow the steps given below and create a backup for your data:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, select the File menu, and then the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- Select the File menu again, choose Backup Company and click Create Local Backup.
- On the Local Backup window, click Local Backup, and then Next.
- Under the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and selecr a location where you can save your backup file.
- At the end, click Save it Now to save the backup.
Now, download QB Tool Hub and run Quick Fix my Program using the steps given below:
- You need to close company files and exit QuickBooks Desktop to start downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub from your web browser.
- Download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and save it somewhere you can easily access, like your Windows Desktop.
- From your desktop, open the setup file and follow the prompt steps.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions to successfully install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From your desktop, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking its icon and choose Program Problems.
- Click Quick Fix my Program and wait till it runs a quick repair on the program to resolve program issues.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 6190. We hope the resolutions given above will help you fix the issue. If it continues, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 for advanced assistance.
This blog is posted on postingpall.com