If you are an Indian student looking to study abroad, the U.S is your best bet. It is one of the most preferred destinations for international students. Students from India make up the second-largest group of international students in the U.S after China. Over 43,000 Indian students are studying in the U.S right now, making them the third-largest group of international students after Chinese (75,000) and South Korean ( 42,000 )students. There are a variety of reasons why so many Indians choose to study in America, but it mostly has to do with the fact that there are abundant college options for them here and they also offer great financial assistance for international students as well as stringent admission criteria ( which is not always present in other countries ).
Which are the top U.S colleges for Indian students?
The top colleges for Indians in the U.S are –
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT),
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech),
- Stanford University,
- The University of California Berkeley,
- Harvard University,
- The University of Pennsylvania,
- Princeton University,
- Yale University,
- Northwestern University,
- Duke University,
- Cornell University,
- Carnegie Mellon University,
- Johns Hopkins University,
- University of Chicago
Why choose the U.S over other countries?
The U.S is one of the most popular studies abroad destinations because of the many advantages it offers to international students. The U.S has one of the most competitive higher education systems in the world. Colleges in the U.S. have a rigorous selection process for admission, making it very difficult for Indian students to get admission to these colleges. This is the main reason why Indian students prefer the U.S over other countries. The top colleges for Indians in the U.S offer many scholarship schemes for international students. There are many U.S colleges that are known for their excellent research work. In fact, almost all the top colleges for Indians in the U.S are famous for their research work.
Pros of studying at a U.S college for Indians
- There are many top colleges for Indians in the U.S. These colleges are known for their excellent research facilities and laboratories. Many of these colleges are also known for their strong alumni network.
- The U.S has the best higher education system in the world, making it a very attractive destination for students.
- The U.S education system is very flexible and it allows students to pursue their interests and major in subjects that they are passionate about.
- Indian students can get admission to the U.S without having to take any entrance examinations.
- The U.S also offers a lot of financial assistance to Indian students to pursue higher education.
- U.S. colleges also allow students to pursue a dual degree program.
Cons of studying in the U.S for Indians
You must declare all your assets and revenue in the form. You may include your parents’ assets to receive extra financial assistance. Some of the greatest colleges for Indians in the US are very competitive and difficult to gain admission to. Some of the most popular institutions for Indians in the US do not offer scholarships to international students. In some of the greatest universities for Indians, it is difficult to gain admittance. Indian students are not permitted to study for two degrees at the same time in some of the most prestigious institutions.
Top Colleges for Indian Students in the U.S.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Stanford University
- University of California Berkeley
- Harvard University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Princeton University
- Yale University
- Northwestern University
- Duke University
- Cornell University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Chicago
How to Apply to Colleges in the U.S.?
- Once you have applied to a college in the U.S, you will be asked to send a financial aid application. You will have to send an SFA (Student Financial Aid) form to the college you have applied to.
- In addition to listing your assets and other sources of income, you must include your parents’ assets on the form. You must sign and declare that you are not receiving any other financial assistance in order to receive it.
Tuition Fee, Housing, and Food Costs
The tuition fee at the top colleges for Indians in the U.S. is quite high. But it can be offset by the financial assistance provided by the colleges. The housing and food costs are also higher in the U.S. compared to other countries.
Advantages of Studying in the U.S.
- Excellent research facilities and strong research culture.
- Excellent faculty and teaching staff.
- Very flexible and can be pursued in almost any field.
- Excellent career prospects after graduation.
- Allows students to pursue their interests and major in subjects that they are passionate about.
- Can get admission without having to take any entrance examinations.
- Offers a lot of financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Drawbacks of Studying in the U.S.
- Very expensive to study in the U.S.
- In the U.S., the education system is very competitive, and difficult to get admission in.
- Very few colleges offer scholarships to international students.
- There are no reserved seats or other concessions for SC/ST students.
- The U.S. education system is very rigid and inflexible.
Top 10 Colleges for Indians in the US
The above-mentioned are the top 10 Colleges for Indians in the US. Apart from these, there are many well-known and top colleges for Indians in the US. These are some of the best US colleges for Indians.
We have listed some of the best US colleges for Indians in this article. If you are looking for colleges in the US, you can pick one from the list above.
These are some of the best colleges for Indians in the US. If you are looking for colleges in the US, you can select one from the list above.