QuickBooks PS038 is a common payroll error that shows up while running and operating payroll services. The error code PS038 shows up on the screen accompanied by a message, “PS038 when running payroll, downloading tax table updates, and if paychecks get stuck as “Online to Send”. The error basically takes place when a paycheck gets stuck, or there is some damage to the payroll data. Stick to the blog to get more insights on payroll error PS038 in QuickBooks.
If you are tired of dealing with QuickBooks Error PS038 and want to fix it right away, call us on our customer support number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What are the major causes of QuickBooks Desktop error PS038?
Several reasons that give rise to the payroll error in QuickBooks are as follows:
- Some paychecks are stuck in QuickBooks payroll.
- The QuickBooks Desktop update and version you are using do not have some features in payroll.
- The user does not have the latest QuickBooks Desktop and payroll update.
- QuickBooks payroll tax table is not updated to the latest release.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6073
Know Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Payroll update error PS038
Solution 1. Create a backup of QuickBooks data and download the latest QuickBooks update
- To create a backup, choose the File menu and select the Switch to Single-user mode option.
- Under the File menu, choose Backup Company and select Create Local Backup.
- Under the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and choose a location to save the backup file.
- After saving the backup, click OK and then Save it now.
- To download the update, open the Windows Start menu and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Choose Run as administrator, go to the No Company Open window, and click the Help menu.
- From the Help tab, select Update QuickBooks Desktop and choose the Options menu.
- Choose Mark All, then Save and click the Update Now tab.
- Click on the Reset Update checkbox, select Get Updates, and open QuickBooks.
- Accept the prompt to install the update, close QuickBooks and restart the workstation.
Solution 2. Try sending payroll data and usage data
- From the QuickBooks Employees menu, choose My Payroll Service and click Send Usage Data.
- Next, choose Send Payroll Data from the Employees menu and go to the Send/Receive Payroll Data.
- Click Send All, enter the payroll service pin and wait till the send completes.
Solution 3. Find the stuck paychecks in QuickBooks payroll
- Click the Edit menu, select Find and move to the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Choose Filter section, scroll the Filter list and select Detail Level.
- Choose Summary Only, go back to the Filter list and select Online Status.
- Select Online to Send, click Find and view the paychecks not sent to Intuit.
Hopefully, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks Error PS038 after implementing the solutions discussed above. There are still possibilities that it persists or recurs, then call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may read also: QuickBooks error ps107