The following article is regarding the best sleeping pills available in the drug market, there indications for use and how they should be used to minimalize the adverse effects. Some of the strong sleeping pills will also be discussed in detail.
Mostly sleeping pills belong to the classification of sedative hypnotics. They belong to different groups such as:
- Hypnotic medication
STRONG SLEEPING PILLS:
Strong sleeping pills are prescribed to treat various kinds of insomnia and other medical conditions, drugs belonging to the group of sedative hypnotics are among the most potent sleep-inducing medications. Some of the strong sleeping pills names are as follows:
- Benzodiazepines: commonly used drugs are diazepam, lorazepam and alprazolam.
- Z-Drugs: it contains zolpidem, eszopiclone and zaleplon.
INDICATIONS OF USING SLEEPING PILLS:
Sleeping pills are used for vast variety of medical conditions. Some of the most common indications for prescribing sleeping pills are as follows:
- To treat short-term or acute insomnia.
- Also prescribed for patients suffering from chronic insomnia.
- To treat anxiety and panic disorders.
- Also prescribed to control seizures and muscular spasms.
- To help the patients with the alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
- Also given prior to any surgical procedure.
- Also prescribed to treat substance or drug abuse withdrawal symptoms.
MECHANISM OF ACTION OF SLEEPING PILLS:
Generally, all the sleeping pills or the sedative hypnotics work by acting on the central nervous system and spinal cord and they enhance the activity of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) a neurotransmitter that is responsible for lowering the electrical activity of the brain. By reducing the alertness and activity level of the brain the medication brings about the following effects:
- Muscle relaxant effect
All the above-mentioned effects combined helps in lowering the stress level of the brain and body and also helps in inducing sleep and staying asleep for longer durations. Thus, helping in overcoming from the offending situation.
ADVERSE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH SLEEPING PILLS USAGE:
Sleeping pills can have a wide range of side effects ranging from common to rare types of complications involved and some of the encountered adverse effects are as follows:
- Changes in appetite
- Tingling or burning sensations in legs, arms, feet or hands
- Issues with balancing
- Dry mouth and throat
- Drowsiness during the daytime
- Gas troubles
- Chest or heart burn
- Attention deficit
- Memory related problems
- Mood swings
- Suicidal tendency (mostly associated with drug overdose)
- Stomach aches
- Sleep disturbances in the form of unusual dreams
- Fatigue and a sense of being un-well
It is not that every individual having sleeping pills will experience al the above-mentioned side effects. Some experience only few and others experience only in the beginning of the drug intake and then they usually subside after some time. One should have a detailed knowledge of the adverse effects before taking any sleeping pill so that one can promptly identify them and consult the physician immediately.
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO SLEEPING PILLS:
There are certain medical conditions in which it is contra-indicated to take sleeping pills as it can worsen the situation or it can have serious complications afterwards that can even threaten the life of an individual. The contra-indications are as follows:
- Patients who are allergic to the medication.
- Patients having a compromised liver.
- Individuals suffering from Sleep apnea.
- Patients suffering from kidney problems.
- Individuals having breathing or lung related disorders such as asthma or COPD.
- Chronic alcoholics
- Patients having a history of alcohol or drug abuse.
- Individuals having mental disturbances or illnesses such as hallucinations and psychosis.
- Patients who are already on other medications that can have adverse drug interactions with sleeping pills such as opioids.
MULTIPLE OPTIONS TO PURCHASE SLEEPING PILLS:
Sleeping pill belong to the category of controlled substances so one cannot get them without any prescription. They can be purchased from drug stores and patients can also buy sleeping pills from authentic online websites such as buy sleeping pills UK. such authentic websites ensure that 100 percent original products are delivered via door step delivery options. Bulk orders are also entertained with discounts but one should keep in mind that overdosing or drug abuse can lead to life threatening complications including death. Always consult a physician before purchasing any sleeping pill and strictly follow the dosage and time table advised by the doctor.
Sleeping pills have helped the masses in addressing their sleep-related problems and anxiety issues and helped them in attaining a healthy lifestyle. But before acquiring pharmacological aid one should opt for the non-pharmacological methods to solve the situation. Such as CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) for the patients of insomnia. In which certain habits are inculcated through a behavioral modification that can help an individual fall asleep. In case of anxiety problems, it is better to address the individual firstly through psychological therapy sessions and if after that the problem does not resolve then pharmacological aid in the form of sleeping pills can help.