MBBS in UK
MBBS in the UK is one of the most competitive disciplines, with thousands of overseas students enrolling in Medicine programs every year. If you have strong academic credentials and can demonstrate that you have what it takes to pursue a career in medicine, then applying to study MBBS in the UK is for you. here you should know Is MBBS In UK a good option to study.
Good Option to Study in UK
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine) in BS, ChB, BCh and BAO is a 5-6 year program in the UK. Also, all these are interchangeable and cover the similar three major areas of medical study: medicine, surgery and obstetrics. To practice as a doctor, students must register with the UK General Medical Council (GMC) after completing an MBBS at any of the medical institutions in the UK.
Why Study MBBS in UK?
In the QS World University Rankings, over 70 UK universities are ranked among the best in the world, and the UK is known worldwide for the exceptional quality of its research and teaching. If you want to study medicine in the UK, you will have the opportunity to attend one of the many world-class medical schools, knowing that your degree will be well respected wherever you go after graduation.
In MBBS, a good balance of academic and practical knowledge and research opportunities is required. Studying MBBS in UK, being one of the leading educational countries in the world, is a great choice for students.
Here are some reasons why a student should study MBBS in the UK:
- More than 45 UK universities are on the list of the world’s top 600 medical universities (QS News Ranking 2020).
- Doctors in the UK earn an average salary that is 67% higher than other medical and healthcare professions.
- Also, physician/doctors are in high insist and their pay scale has also increased, given that undergraduate with various profession opportunities.
- US students complete the Medicine in 7-9 years, while United Kingdom students complete in 5-6 years.
- Surgeons in the UK earn GBP 54,000 a year, which ranks fourth in the world, leaving Australia and Canada behind.
MBBS in UK for Indian Students
According to a recent survey published in 2019, Indian students are more interested in pursuing Medicine in the United Kingdom. In 2019, the General Medical Council released a report showing how the number of International Medical Graduates (IMGs) in the UK medical workforce has increased. These figures show that MBBS continues to be popular among Indian students in the United Kingdom. To qualify for the Medicine program offered by leading colleges in the UK, Indian applicants must score at least a 50 percentile in the NEET exam.
Here are some reasons why Indian students should study MBBS in UK:
- According to QS News Ranking 2020, 45 of the top UK universities are among the top 600 medical universities in the world.
- The average income of a doctor/doctor in the UK is 67% higher than other medical and healthcare jobs.
- Over the past four years, the salary level of physicians/doctors has steadily increased. The average annual salary increased from £245,000 in 2016 to £267,000 in 2019.
- To practice medicine in India, MBBS graduates from UK universities are not required to take the postgraduate medical examination abroad.
Also read: Importance of Higher Education in London