QuickBooks is one of the most technologically advanced and well-equipped accounting and bookkeeping software in the world. It is an affordable software with an excellent user-interface that helps in better financial data management.
Some errors do occur in the QB software due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error 1618 occurs when the user attempts to install the QB application on the computer. In addition, this error can arise while trying to update the QB desktop to the new version.
Generally, this error comes up on the screen with a message like this:
‘Error: there was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library (Error 1618)’..
You should read this blog for some quick solutions if you are also confronting this error.
Do you want to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1618 in the easiest way? Dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QuickBooks support team anytime, any day.
Root Causes of the QB Error Message 1618
Some of the most common causes of the QB Error Message 1618 are as follows:
- If the Microsoft Runtime Libraries on your system are not working properly, this error can occur.
- It is possible that the execution of the Microsoft Installer (msiexec.exe) is going on while updating the QB application. This is one of the prime reasons for QB Error 1618.
- Another reason for this error is the corruption or damage in the Installation files of the QB desktop.
Reliable Techniques to Resolve the QB Error Code 1618
You can utilize these techniques to rectify the QB Error Code 1618:
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 163
Technique 1: Rectify the installation issues by executing the QB Install Diagnostic Tool on the system
- You should open the official website of the Intuit on your web browser and download the latest available version (184.108.40.206) of the QB tool hub by clicking on the relevant link.
- Proceed to save this file at an appropriate location such as Downloads folder and open it (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Once you have installed the tool hub on the system, you should open it and strike on the ‘Installation Issues’ tab.
- Now you must choose the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ option to execute this tool.
- After the tool run is completed, you must restart the computer and update your QB application.
If you are still confronting this error, proceed to the following technique.
Technique 2: Make sure that the execution of Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) is not going on while updating the QB desktop
- You should open the Windows Task Manager on your computer by tapping the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete’ keys on your keyboard.
- Head towards the ‘Processes’ tab and hit the ‘Image name’ option to view the list of running programs on your system.
- Hit the ‘End Process’ tab after identifying the ‘msiexec.exe’ program by scrolling down the list.
- Press the ‘Close’ button to go out of the Windows Task Manager.
If you are still unable to install the QB application on the computer, jump to the following solution.
Technique 3: Eliminate this error by reinstalling the runtime libraries of the Microsoft
- You should search the official website of the Microsoft and tap on the relevant link to download the ‘Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x 64)’ on your system.
- After downloading the package, you must double click on the ‘vcredist_X64.exe’ file to open it.
- After completing the package installation on your computer, you need to open the QB tool hub and strike on the ‘Program Problems’ option.
- Now hit the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tab and the tool run will now commence.
- Once the entire tool run is completed, you can open the QB application on your system and download the updates.
You now have excellent information about the QuickBooks Error 1618. The techniques listed in this blog are very effective and you should use them in the correct sequence to quickly eliminate this error.
For further technical help and support, feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks experts by simply dialling 1.855.738.2784.
You may also read: Quick Fixations of the QuickBooks Error H505