Water treatment plant is a system or facility that functions to treat water. Water treatment plant is also known as Water Treatment Plant.
In its operation, the water treatment plant will be supported by two other facilities, namely intake and reservoir. All three have functions and roles that are quite crucial to produce clean and healthy water.
Usually, the building or construction of a water treatment plants is made into five processes, namely coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, and disinfection.
Water Treatment Plant Working Process
Discussing water treatment plants is incomplete if you don’t review the working process. By knowing the working process of a water treatment plant, you can immediately follow the water treatment steps easily.
However, it should be noted that the water treatment plan also has special standards contained in the Regulation of the Minister of Health Number 32 of 2017.
How Water Treatment Plants Work
The way a water treatment plants works is actually quite easy. However, the steps must be appropriate so that the water produced is in accordance with the applicable quality standards.
As an illustration, initially the waste water will be entered into the container. Furthermore, the water will go through various processes in the water treatment plant. The process starts from ozone, reverse, osmosis, ultrafiltration, then carbon filter. The results of water treatment from this process will be put back into the ozone so that it can find out whether the water is up to standard or not. If so, then sedimentation, clarifier, aeration, custom bacteria, and equalization will be carried out.
Water that has gone through this stage will be entered primary. Well, after this process is complete, then you only need to do a bar screen before the water is used or pumped into various buildings.
Benefits of Water Treatment Plants in Industry
Water is a natural resource that will not run out. Unfortunately, getting water that is healthy and in accordance with quality standards is not as easy as it seems. The proof is that there are still areas in Indonesia that lack clean water. For this reason, a water treatment was made so that the need for clean water was met.
Below are the benefits of a water treatment in the industrial field. It turns out that it is quite closely related to your household and environmental water needs!
- The water treatment plant can assist the process of treating liquid waste that damages the environmental ecosystem around the industrial area.
- In addition, the water treatment plant can also convert dirty water or waste water into water that can be reused.
- The existence of a water treatment plant allows us to reduce the impact of river pollution around industrial areas.
- Indirectly, the water treatment plant is able or has a role to turn on the boat in the ecosystem around the industrial area.
Apart from being in the industrial sector, water treatment plants also have benefits in other fields, such as:
- In agriculture, water treatment plants are often used to remove residues of animal manure or pesticides.
- In addition, water treatment plants can also protect the environment and ecosystems in agricultural areas.
- For urban areas, water treatment plants are often used to dispose of human and household waste.
So, that was the review about the water treatment companies that you should know. Hopefully useful, yes!