No doubt, QuickBooks has all the advanced tools that make accounting easier. It also provides a great interface to users for better accounting and bookkeeping experience. However, while operating the program, users sometimes come across QuickBooks Display issues. Due to these glitches, the font size changes, and the screen gets blurred. There are times when the screen becomes black and hampers the user’s work. There are various factors that originate display issues in QuickBooks, such as a monitor with high resolution, wrong DPI settings and incorrect view preferences. Follow the article until the end for more insights on QuickBooks Desktop display issues.
How does one get away from QuickBooks Display issues? If this question is also bothering you, get connected with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for direct support by calling us on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042
What are the factors that originate display issues in QuickBooks?
Below is the list of several factors that give rise to QuickBooks Online display issues:
- The user switches to a new monitor with high resolution.
- The view preferences in QuickBooks and Windows are not set up correctly.
Tested Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop display issues
Solution 1. Modify display settings in QuickBooks
- Once all the company files are closed, quit the QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Windows Start menu.
- Enter QuickBooks in the Windows search field, right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Open file location.
- From the folder, right-click the QuickBooks.exe file and choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, and tickmark the Disable display scaling on the high DPI settings checkbox. If you can’t see the option, select Change high DPI settings and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Click the Apply button to save the changes you made, then select OK.
- Restart QuickBooks and look for display issues.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6175
Solution 2. Alter view preferences in QuickBooks
- In the QuickBooks Desktop application, select the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Scroll the list of Preferences and choose Desktop View.
- Go to the My Preferences tab, navigate to the View section and click the One Window option.
- Click OK, reopen QuickBooks, and check for the display issues.
Solution 3. Configure Windows DPI settings
If you use Windows 10:
- Open Control Panel and tap the Windows + X keys together.
- Within the Window, select Appearance and Personalization and go to the Change Item Size section.
- Click Set custom scaling and scroll the drop-down list. Choose 100% scaling and click OK.
- Now, log in to QuickBooks to see the effect.
If you have Windows 8:
- Move to your desktop, right-click on the screen and select Display settings.
- Select the Make text & other items bigger option. Next, ensure the allow me to select one scaling level for my displays is unchecked.
- Hold the slider and move it to -100 for standard settings.
- Click OK to save the settings and reboot your computer.
We are positive that the solutions discussed in the blog above will help you deal with QuickBooks display issues. If you face any issue following the steps, give a call on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 and get direct support from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
Read also this blog: QuickBooks Error PS038