A damaged or corrupted internal file can cause installation errors in QuickBooks. It can also prevent QuickBooks updates and payroll updates from being installed. One such error is the QuickBooks error PS107 which occurs when an internal file becomes unreadable. This error can be caused due to multiple possible reasons and needs to be addressed on a priority basis. If you are getting the payroll error PS107, follow the solutions given in this article to troubleshoot it effectively.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error on your own, contact us at our toll free number and get help with the issue from our technical team.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107?
The QuickBooks error PS107 can be caused due to the following factors –
- Your payroll tax table is outdated and unless you install the latest tax table updates your payroll updates may not work.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is partially installed or the installation process was faulty.
- An outdated QuickBooks Desktop application can also cause the PS107 error.
- Your payroll subscription has expired or has become inactive.
You may also like to read: QuickBooks Error 6150
Fixing the QuickBooks Desktop Error PS107 Reliably
If you are having trouble with the error code PS107, follow these steps to resolve it –
Step 1. Upgrade your Payroll Tax Table by Installing Latest Updates
The QuickBooks payroll tax table needs to be updated to the latest release to eliminate the QuickBooks payroll error PS107.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the QuickBooks Employeesmenu and select the Get Payroll Updates
- Checkmark the Download Entire Updatescheckbox and select Download Latest Updates.
- An informational window will appear when the download is completed. Install the updates and upgrade your tax tables.
Step 2. Use the Windows Startup Mode to Re-install QB Desktop
Re-install QuickBooks in safe mode to let go of the installation issues causing the QuickBooks error PS107.
- Open the Runwindow and type msconfig in the command box to search for it.
- Select Safe Boot from the Boottab and hit Apply to save the settings.
- Windows will now run in safe mode and you can re-install your QuickBooks now.
- Download the setup file and register your product again to run QuickBooks.
- Access QuickBooks payroll and try installing payroll update to see if the error code PS107 is fixed.
Step 3. Install the Recent Updates and Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
Lastly, upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop to resolve the minor issues in your obsolete version that might be causing the QuickBooks Desktop error PS107.
- Go to the QuickBooks Helpmenu and click on Update QuickBooks Desktop to hover over the Update Now
- Select the Reset Updatecheckbox and select Get Updates to start downloading the updates.
- Once done, restart QuickBooks and click Yeswhen the Install Now option appears on your screen.
The QuickBooks error PS107 can be rectified with the help of a few easy solutions. Perform the steps provided above and if you still can’t fix the error code, you might need professional help. Reach out to us at our toll free number to get assistance from our support team.
recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 12031