The company file in QuickBooks is an extremely useful feature though several errors get provoked when the users attempt to open it. One of those errors is the QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816, and it arises primarily due to damage or corruption in the .ND and .TLG files.
As the number associated with this error indicates, this error is a part of the 6000 error series, and the QB Desktop screen often gets frozen due to this error.
By carefully reading this blog till the end, you can get the easiest solutions for this company file error.
To get rid of the QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816 in the most effective and quickest way, you can dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Experts Team for prompt assistance.
Why do Users Face the Company File Error 6190 816 in QuickBooks?
The Company File Error 6190 816 in QuickBooks arises due to the following reasons:
- If the .ND and .TLG files are damaged, or if your company file itself is corrupted due to some reason, then this error can very easily get triggered.
- If you have saved the company file on an external device or if the installation of QB Desktop is damaged, then it will be very difficult to access the company file.
You may also like: proadvisor
Top Solutions to Eradicate the Error Code 6190 816 in QuickBooks Desktop
You can easily get rid of the Error Code 6190 816 in QuickBooks Desktop by using the following solutions:
Solution 1: Promptly expunge this company file error by allotting a new name to the .ND and .TLG files
- To eliminate this error by renaming the .ND and .TLG files, you must launch the folder holding your company file, and then you need to right-click on both the .ND and .TLG files to choose the ‘Rename’ option.
- At this step, you have to put a word such as ‘.oldfileuser’ at the end of both files’ names just like this: ‘compfile.qbw.nd.oldfileuser’ and ‘compfile.qbw.tlg.oldfileuser’.
- Now, you must carefully save the new names of both .ND and .TLG files, and thereafter, you need to access your company file.
Solution 2: Ensure complete rectification of this company file error by relocating the company file to Windows Desktop and then accessing it
- To relocate the company file, you need to immediately launch its folder, and then you must right-click on the .QBW file (company file) and carefully pick out the ‘Copy’ option.
- At this step, you should move back to your Windows Desktop, and then you have to right-click anywhere on the screen to choose the ‘Paste’ option.
- After that, you should identify and tap on the ‘Ctrl’ key on the keyboard, and then you need to launch the QB Desktop to strike on the ‘Open or restore an existing company’ tab.
- Thereafter, you must attentively access your company file from your Windows Desktop and then start working on it.
These solutions need to be used correctly so that QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816 is eliminated quickly. For more technical support, feel free to dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 6144 82